Safe and enriching travels, my friend.
It was about 5 years ago that one of the loveliest people I’ve ever met sent that message to me.
At the time, I was just about to embark on a trip around New Zealand.
I set off with those beautiful words ringing in my ears, and they’ve stayed with me ever since.
For me, they provide the perfect example of safe journey wishes, and how the right message can have such a powerful effect on a traveller.
I mean, travelling is massively exciting, but it’s scary too.
Hearts race as the departure date looms; fear sets in as you imagine leaving home and parting ways with friends and family.
Receiving well-wishes from the people that matter most (and even from those you barely know) can make a big difference.
Those words provide reassurance, encouragement, and support.
The simplest message can provide just the dose of courage required to take that leap into the unknown.
You carry it with you into the adventures to come, packing them into your mental backpack to help you through any challenges ahead.
Are you wondering what to wish someone who’s about to go travelling?
Well, there’s nothing wrong with taking inspiration from the internet! I’ve put together a long list of safe and happy journey wishes that I hope will help out.
Sound good? Keep reading!
50 Safe and Happy Journey Wishes to Send Somebody Hitting the Road
Here we go, 50 safe travel wishes you could send to someone you love.
1. I wish you the best adventure yet.
2. I hope this trip is everything you dreamed of and more.
3. To my bestest friend, have a truly beautiful trip. I’ll be thinking of you every step of the way.
4. I’m sad you’re going, but stoked you’re following your dreams. Enjoy them, and see you when you’re back.
5. I wish you safe travels, unforgettable experiences, and memories to last a lifetime.
6. Be adventurous, brave, and relentless in your pursuit of new and exciting experiences. Just stay safe too!
7. I don’t know what I’ll do without you, but I’m rooting for you all the same. Go get it.
8. Go well, go bravely, and, most importantly, go safely!
9. Enjoy the road, embrace all it has to offer, and follow it until you’re ready to come home.
10. It’s time to say goodbye, which makes me sad. But it’s time for you to have the adventure you’ve worked so hard for, which makes me happier than you can imagine.
11. I’ll miss you every step of the way, but can’t wait to hear the stories when you’re back.
12. Stay positive, stay strong, and stay safe. You’re going to love it.
13. Embrace this experience and dive into it headfirst. You’re doing something amazing. Make the most of it!
14. Get ready for the time of your life, then get ready to tell me all about it when you’re back!
15. You might be on the other side of the world, but you’ll be in my thoughts every single day.
16. You’re leaving this shore behind, but there’s another over the horizon that’s ready and waiting to greet you.
17. This is a big step, and I’m proud of you. I can’t wait to see the person you’ll become by the end of it.
18. My life won’t be the same without you in it, but I’m so happy for you- I’ll be rooting for you the entire time.
19. If you’re ever feeling sad and lonely on the other side of the world, think back to home and know every single person you love is wishing you well. We’re with you in spirit, even if we can’t be there in person.
20. I love you, I’ll miss you, and I’ll think of you every step of the way.
21. I haven’t even said goodbye yet and I already miss you. Don’t go! No, wait, go and have fun- just come back soon!
22. Be safe, be smart, and be sensible. But make mistakes too- it’ll be those you remember fondest in future.
23. Let loose, go wild, spread your wings and shed your insecurities. There’s nothing like a new horizon to inspire hope. You can be anyone you want to be. Enjoy it.
24. I’ll see you soon my friend- go have the time of your life.
25. You’re inspiring. You’re brave. And you’re bloody beautiful. Remember that when you’re over there doing your thing. It might be hard at times, but you’re more than able to handle it.
26. I can’t believe it’s time to say goodbye! It ain’t easy, but I’m so happy for you. Go have fun!
27. Be safe and have an awesome time- and make sure you don’t forget about us!
28. Home might feel like a long way away when you’re out there. But, remember, you’re only ever a flight or a phone call away. This is your dream- go chase it.
29. Not everyone has the courage to hit the road as you’re about to. Be proud, and hold your head high.
30. Enjoy it, embrace it, and wring the experience of everything it has to offer.
31. What the hell am I going to do without you?! Get your butt back here before I lose my mind.
32. You’re leaving me! WHAT DID I DO?! Only joking. Have the best time ever. I’ll miss you.
33. Run and jump into your travels and don’t look back. We’ll all still be here when you get home!
34. I hope you find exactly what you’re looking for out there.
35. I hope the experience is everything you’ve imagined it to be.
36. Don’t for a second feel like we’ll forget about you. How could we forget about someone as incredible as you! Go have fun.
37. Wherever you go, whatever you do, and whoever you become along the way, we’ll be thinking of you.
38. Embrace the ups and downs that are sure to come. Ride them like a wave, and know the experience is sure to define the person you become.
39. Don’t jump on ice, get in dodgy taxis, talk to strange men, drink too much, or get yourself in trouble. In fact, don’t go! Only joking- sort of…Do be safe though.
40. You’ve worked hard for this trip. I hope it’ll be the adventure of a lifetime.
41. If you ever need us, for anything, you know where we are. I’ll be on the first plane out there if you need me. Now, turn your chin towards the sky and get ready for an adventure.
42. Let the adventure sink down into your pores and seep into your very soul.
43. Don your backpack, lace up your shoes and step forward into the adventure. You’re going to love it.
44. It’s time. You’re finally going! I’ll miss you- we’ll ALL miss you. But I get it- you don’t love us enough to stay…Kidding, obviously! Have an incredible time and see you when you’re back!
45. Home’s going to feel very different without you in it. But I’ll be thinking of you and wishing you well the entire time you’re away.
46. Be fearless. Lean into uncertainty. And get ready for something special to happen.
47. You’re the epitome of YOLO. I’ll be thinking of you from the office.
48. Oh god, I’m going to have to unfollow you on Instagram. You’re bound to post pictures of beautiful, exotic places while I’m stuck here in dreary X. Just kidding- you earned it! Have an amazing time.
49. Let the world take you places, literally and figuratively, you never imagined possible.
50. Stay safe and travel well. You’re going to have the time of your life.
Send These Safe Journey Wishes to Someone
Know someone hitting the road and going travelling?
Well, sending them your safe journey wishes is a lovely thing to do. If they’re anything like me, they’ll hold onto your words and treasure them as they go.
Hopefully, the suggestions above will help you figure out what to say!
Got more suggestions for me? Drop a comment below to let me know. I hope to hear from you! Oh, and don’t forget to subscribe!