There’s no two ways about it:
Mountains are beautiful.
They take your breath away, fill you with awe, and leave you speechless. In fact, they’re so stunning that it’s hard to find enough superlatives to do them justice.
But can they be funny too?
I wasn’t convinced, so I set out to uncover as many mountain puns and mountain jokes as I could find. And, as I’d thought, genuinely good puns about mountains were few and far between!
Nevertheless, I persevered until I had a list of the best mountain jokes, one liners, and puns I could find.
Want to see what I came up with? Keep reading for 55 giggle-worthy mountain and nature puns.
55 Mountain Jokes & Puns About Mountains
Ready to get started? The following mountain jokes were the best I could find! From tumble-weed moments to genuinely punny ones, you’re sure to find some chuckle-worthy mountain puns to tell your friends.
(While you’re here, why not read these mountain quotes and captions too?)
1. What’s funnier: mountain ranges or forests? Mountains, of course- they’re hill areas.
2. What do you call an amazing day up a mountain? A ‘peak’ experience.
3. Never forget how beautiful the mountains are. You don’t want to take them for granite.
4. Why are mountains always sleepy? Because they n-Everest.
6. What did the enthusiastic environmentalists say when they saw the effects of global warming seem to reverse on a nearby mountain? “Let’s go climate!”
7. How do mountains hear? Thanks to mountaineers, duuh.
8. A desperate young mountain looks to a selfish older mountain for help. It shouldn’t get its slopes up.
9. You should dress up warm in the Andes. That place is Chile.
10. If this mountain was a novel it’d be called ‘Climb and Punishment’.
Love hiking? Check out this post about the best backpacking hikes around the world.
11. What do you call a giant hill made of kittens? A meow-tain.
12. The ancient god of thunder rode up a mountain on his horse. “I’m Thor!” He cried, to which the horse replied: “Because you forgot your thaddle thilly!”
13. What’s the difference between falling off a mountain and falling off a roof? Falling off a mountain: Aagghh Aaaghhh Aagghhh…Thud; falling off a roof: Thud…Aaagghh Aagghhh Aaghh
14. You might be at the summit now, but it’s all downhill from there.
16. What’s the name of the funniest mountain range in the world? The Himhilarious.
17. What’s the smartest mountain in the world? Mount Cl-Everest.
18. How about the most dangerous mountain in the world? Kill-a-man-jaro.
19. Mountain walks are the ideal first date: steep and cheerful.
20. Solving problems in the mountains is easy. It really Alps to clear your head.
You might also like these jokes about camping!
21. A disappointed Dad tells a knock knock joke to his teenage son: “Knock knock.” “Who’s there?” “You’re a mountain.” “You’re a mountain, who?” “You’re a mountain to nothing, son!”
22. Why do pirates avoid mountain roads? ‘Scurvy.
23. What’s a mountain’s favourite band? Range against the machine.
24. Did you hear that story about the biggest mountain in the world? I couldn’t get over it.
26. Lighting a campfire on a mountain? Don’t burn your ridges.
27. How did the wife know her mountaineering husband was cheating on her? She caught Himalayan about it more than once.
28. Did you hear about the man who get arrested for walking naked in the mountains of South America? He got done for Andes-cent exposure.
29. There’s nothing but a fine line between ‘hell’ and ‘hill’.
30. Why can’t you play hide and seek with mountains? They always peak!
31. These mountain jokes are awful. But at least they’re not cliff hangers.
32. Why did the teacher take their class up a mountain? To get higher grades.
33. Why did the boy soon stop trying to grab the mountain fog? Because he always mist.
34. What does an angry mother mountain shout at her stroppy teenage mountain? “Don’t you dare give me that altitude!”
36. What do you call a friendly volcano? Lava-ble.
37. A group of thirsty hikers stumbled across a crystal clear mountain stream and decided to take a drink. Alas, each of them got sick as a result. The life lesson? Never judge a brook by its colour.
38. Did you know that anybody can jump higher than a mountain? That’s right- mountains can’t jump.
39. Why did the man from Yorkshire, UK, climb the mountain? Because it was summit to do.
40. What did the climber call his son? Cliff.
While you’re here, why not check out these 125 epic hiking captions & quotes?!
(Heads up, there are some funny hiking captions in there too!)
41. Don’t just talk about climbing the mountain- do it! I mean, actions peak louder than words.
42. There’s snow place like the mountains in winter.
43. The mountains in Switzerland are incredible. And their flag is a big plus as well.
44. A mountain biker was chased by a Grizzly this morning. He bearly made it.
45. There’s nothing like an alpine forest to help you leaf your worries far behind.
46. Sorry, what were you saying? I lost my terrain of thought.
47. How do you solve a math problem at the top of a mountain? Just sum it.
48. What do you call someone who smokes weed at the summit of a mountain? Super high.
50. What do you call a sick mountain? Hill.
51. The presidential candidate died while climbing a mountain last week. Their opponent won by a landslide…
52. Why did the vain man love mountain plateaus so much? They offered the highest kind of flattery.
53. There may be no WiFi on the mountain, but you’ll soon find a better connection.
54. A staggering range of mountains can’t help but peak your interest.
55. Mountains are perfect for putting you in a good mood. You can’t help but change your ‘altitude’.
Remember These Hiking & Mountain Puns
There you have it: 55 of the best mountain puns that I could find!
They might not feature on any Netflix specials any time soon. However, with any luck, I hope a few of these mountain jokes will have at least made you smile.
Now I’d love to hear from you. Which of these puns about mountains was your favourite? Let me know in the comments below.