I’m a total sucker for inspirational quotes and motivational speeches.
They set a positive tone for the day, ignite this visceral fire deep down inside my stomach, and compel me to take action like nothing else!
However, I also find it hard to put those epic feelings of inspiration into words! Nothing I ever say does them any justice.
That’s far from ideal at the best of times. But it’s even worse when you want to post an inspiring snap to your Instagram account!
You want to motivate your followers with inspiring captions, but struggle to string a sentence together that sums it up.
That’s why I put together this comprehensive list of inspirational Instagram quotes and inspiring captions. With any luck, it’ll help you write the most motivational captions for Instagram posts possible!
Keep reading for 200 inspirational Instagram captions & quotes.
200 Inspirational Quotes for Instagram & Inspiring Captions
I’ve broken this post into 2 main sections: inspirational Instagram quotes and inspirational Instagram captions. Enjoy!
Heads up, you might also like these nature captions for Instagram!
150 Awesome Instagram Motivational Quotes
Let’s start with 150 inspiring Instagram quotes from some of the most incredible people ever to grace the planet. From ex-Navy Seals and modern movie stars to infamous world leaders and motivational speakers, there should be more than enough inspiration to go around!
Top 10 Instagram Inspirational Quotes
Not got time to go through the full 200 inspiration Instagram captions and quotes on this list? Don’t worry! Here are 10 of the best inspirational quotes for Instagram on this list.
1. “People who succeed at the highest level are not lucky. They’re doing something differently than everyone else.” – Tony Robbins
2. “Each person must live their life as a model for others.” – Rosa Parks
3. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
4. “For me, becoming isn’t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn’t end.” – Michelle Obama
5. “Spread love everywhere you go.” – Mother Teresa
7. “You don’t set out to build a wall. You don’t say, ‘I’m going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that’s ever been built. You don’t start there. You say, ‘I’m going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid’. You do that every single day, and soon you have a wall.” – Will Smith
8. “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.” – Mandy Hale
9. “Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful.” – Hazrat Inayat Khan
10. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
Instagram Motivational Quotes about Getting Started & Persevering
Half of the battle is getting started. The following Instagram motivational quotes should help you and your followers take the first step and never look back.
11. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
12. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
13. “All success starts with self-discipline. It starts with you.” – Dwayne Johnson
14. “Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.” – Jim Rohn
15. “Don't wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napolean Hill
16. “Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun. Be crazy, be weird, go out and screw up! You’re going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes. Don’t try to be perfect, just be an excellent example of being human.” – Tony Robbins
17. “Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen.” – Deep Roy
18. “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “‘Tomorrow’ becomes never. No matter how small the task, take the first step now.” – Tim Ferriss
20. “Nobody cares what you did yesterday. What have you done today to better yourself?” – David Goggins
22. “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” – Paul Coelho
23. “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” – Camilla Eyring Kimball
24. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
25. “You become what you believe. You are where you are today in your life based on everything you have believed.” – Oprah Winfrey
26. “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Sitanen
27. “There is no such thing as failure. There are only results.” – Tony Robbins
28. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” - Socrates
29. “The key to success is to start before you are ready.” – Marie Forleo
30. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates
Quotes about Life for Instagram Users In Need of a Push
We can be our own worst enemy when it comes to bettering ourselves. Scared of failing, we never get started. The following quotes about life for Instagram should provide the push people sometimes need.
31. “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
32. “People are chasing cash, not happiness. When you chase money you’re going to lose. You’re just going to. Even if you get the money, you’re not going to be happy.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
33. “I want to do good. I want the world to be better because I was here. I want my life, my work, my family, I want it to mean something.” – Will Smith
34. “We all hustle to get where we need to be. Only a fool would sit around and wait on another man to feed him.” – K’wan
35. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John Rockefeller
36. “Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers.” - Socrates
37. “Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln
38. “Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.” – William Arthur Wald
39. “Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself: ‘what do I want to do every day for the rest of my life’? Do THAT.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
40. “One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away.” – Stephen Hawking
42. “Motivation is crap. Motivation comes and goes. When you’re driven, whatever is in front of you will get destroyed.” – David Goggins
43. “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.” – Tim Ferriss
44. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
45. “Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
46. “The only difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
47. “If you think you’re too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” – Dalai Lama
48. “Everybody comes to a point in their life when they want to quit. But it’s what you do in that moment that determines who you are.” – David Goggins
49. “Falling down is how we grow. Staying down is how we die.” – Brian Vaszily
50. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Gandhi
Instagram Quotes about Life, Achievement, & Progress
The coming set of inspiring IG quotes are all about pushing yourself, moving forward at all costs, and achieving your goals no matter the cost. They’re sure to get you pumped up- no matter what path you’re on.
51. “Someday is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you.” – Tim Ferriss
52. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
53. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Gandhi
54. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
55. “Without hustle, your talent will only get you so far.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
56. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” – William W. Purkey
57. “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you want walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
58. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
59. “What you do says what is more important to you. Action express priorities.” – Gandhi
60. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
62. “You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.” – Gandhi
63. “Being underestimated is the ultimate stimulant.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
64. “Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE.” – Joss Whedon
65. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
66. “If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” – Elon Musk
67. “The most important actions are never comfortable.” – Tim Ferriss
68. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
69. “Your legacy is being written by yourself. Make the right decisions.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
70. “Courage is contagious. Every time we choose courage, we make everyone around is a little better and the world a little braver.” – Brené Brown
Motivational Quotes Instagram Followers Will Love
The next set of motivational Instagram quotes are from some of the most famous faces of past and present. All of them are sure to go down a treat with anybody looking to feel inspired.
71. “I’ve never really viewed myself as particularly talented. When I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic.” – Will Smith
72. “We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard.” – J.F. Kennedy
73. “I don’t stop when I’m tired. I stop when I’m done.” – David Goggins
74. “Work hard in silence. Let your success be the noise.” – Frank Ocean
75. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Jordan Peterson
76. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams (from ‘Dead Poets Society’)
77. “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.” – Brené Brown
78. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Kurt Cobain
79. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
80. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle
82. “Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
83. “Life’s most persistent and important questions is: ‘what are you doing for others?’” – Martin Luther King Jr.
84. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
85. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
86. “I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time.” – Brené Brown
87. “Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” – Anne Frank
88. “If my mind can conceive it, if my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.” – Muhammad Ali
89. “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
90. “Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully.” – Oprah Winfrey
Instagram Motivational Quotes about Self-Belief
Want to get your Insta followers to start believing in themselves? The following motivational quotes for Instagram should help! The first one’s my favourite…
91. “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Gandhi
92. “The cynics may be the loudest voices. But I promise you, they will accomplish least.” – Barack Obama
93. “Don’t try to lessen yourself for the world; let the world catch up to you.” – Beyoncé
94. “I’m realizing how much I’ve diminished my own power. I’m not doing that no more.” – Alicia Keys
95. “If not us, who? If not now, when?” – J.F. Kennedy
96. “The hard days are what make you stronger.” – Aly Raisman
97. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” – Barack Obama
98. “Whatever you think the world is withholding from you, you are withholding from the world.” – Eckhart Tolle
99. “How wild it was, to let it be.” – Cheryl Strayed
100. “We all have problems. But it’s not what happens to us, [it’s] the choices we make after.” – Elizabeth Smart
102. “If you sincerely want to change your life, raise your standards. What changes people is when their ‘shoulds’ turn to ‘musts’.” – Tony Robbins
103. “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
104. “Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey
105. “If you want to get better, do the things that no-one else wants to do. Do the things no-one is even thinking about doing.” – David Goggins
106. “It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” – Sylvester Stallone (from Rocky Balboa)
107. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Gandhi
108. “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – Paul Coelho
109. “You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.” – Deepak Chopra
110. “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
IG Quotes about Work Ethic, Passion & Dreams
Inspiration is about having the audacity to pursue your dreams. The upcoming IG quotes should get you and your followers ready to push themselves to do and become more.
111. “Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” – Dwayne Johnson
112. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paul Coelho
113. “I love a success story, but even more than a success story, I like a dude who fucks his life up and gets his life together again story.” – Joe Rogan
114. “One day, you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” – Paul Coelho
115. “We need men who can dream of things that never were.” – J.F. Kennedy
116. “One of the most fascinating things I have learned about life is that the struggle is good.” – Joe Rogan
117. “Skills are cheap. Passion is priceless.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
118. “There are far better things ahead than the ones we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
119. “Can you imagine yourself in 10 years if instead of avoiding the things you know you should do, you actually did them every single day? That’s powerful.” – Jordan Peterson
120. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” - Rumi
122. “Never regret anything that made you smile.” – Mark Twain
123. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
124. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
125. “Be the hero your mom wanted you to be.” – Jordan Peterson
126. “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” – J.F. Kennedy
127. “A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.” – Richard Nixon
128. “I never lose. Either I win or learn.” – Nelson Mandela
129. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” – Eric Thomas
130. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” – Suzy Kassem
Success Quotes & Inspirational Caption for Instagram Post Ideas
These final 20 inspirational Instagram quotes are some of my personal favourites. I hope they fill you with newfound motivation and help you find the perfect captions for your inspiring Insta posts.
131. “Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about when can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be!” – Eric Thomas
132. “Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.” – Garrison Keillor
133. “The difference between successful people and very successful people is that very successful people say ‘no’ to almost everything.” – Warren Buffett
134. “Start where you are, with what you have, because what you have is plenty.” – Eric Thomas
135. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” – Hillary Clinton
136. “Blood, sweat, and respect. First two you give. Last one you earn.” – Dwayne Johnson
137. “Just because you can’t see your potential, doesn’t mean it’s not there. Everyone has something to contribute, even if they don’t know it. You can always commit suicide tomorrow. Today, you have things to do. The world needs you even if you don’t need it.” – Jordan Peterson
138. “I dare you to be great! I challenge you do be great in every single thing you do.” – Eric Thomas
139. “Write down things you want to improve. Write down things you won’t tolerate from yourself. Write down things you never want to see yourself do again.” – Joe Rogan
140. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
142. “Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. [This] improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in 40 hour workweeks and you’re putting in 100-hour workweeks, then even if you’re doing the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what it takes them a year to achieve.” – Elon Musk
143. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
144. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” – Michele Ruiz
145. “Be the hero of your own story.” – Joe Rogan
146. “A harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very, very dangerous man who has it under voluntary control.” – Jordan Peterson
147. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
148. “People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.” – Paul Coelho
149. “Make your life a masterpiece. Imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do.” – Brian Tracy
150. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn
You might also enjoy this post with 200 sunset quotes and captions for Instagram (with a free PDF print out!)
50 Inspirational captions for Instagram
Onto the inspiring captions! If you’re still on the hunt for some inspiring captions, then I hope these ones help!
Top 10 Inspirational Instagram captions
Once again, I’ve chosen to start with the top 10 inspirational captions in this list of 50. I hope you like them as much as I did.
151. You don’t need permission to go for greatness.
152. Growth and progress come when fear disappears.
153. Take risks. Reap rewards.
154. Good things come to those who wait. Better things come to those who hustle.
155. If you do what you always do, you get what you always got. It’s time to go to work.
157. Get used to fear, push past fear, and success is sure to follow.
158. Don’t let talent go to waste.
159. To be the best, you must be able to handle the worst.
160. Small steps add up over time.
Motivational Captions about Self-Belief
Self-belief is the first step to making positive changes in life. These captions should give people the confidence they can do, achieve, and be more than they think!
161. Don’t stop, don’t give in, push through the pain. Make it happen.
162. The body achieves what the mind believes.
163. Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can do what others can’t.
164. A mighty oak was once a tiny acorn. Be patient. Success will come.
165. There’s no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
167. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn.
168. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy. But I am telling you it’s going to be worth it.
169. Don’t wish for it. Work for it.
170. If you never go, you’ll never know.
Inspiring Captions about Hard Work & Perspective
Here are 10 inspiring captions that sum up the need for hard work along the road to success.
171. Today’s pain is tomorrow’s power.
172. You don’t have to see the whole staircase to take the first step.
173. Whenever you think about quitting, remember why you got started.
174. Comfort zones don’t lead to greatness.
175. Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
177. In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take.
178. Tomorrow is life’s way of offering you a second chance.
179. Winners see possibilities. Losers see problems.
180. Failure only happens at the point you stop trying.
Motivational Instagram Captions on Self-Confidence & Perseverance
Nothing worth doing comes easy! These motivational captions are all about pushing through tough times, believing in your abilities, and staying true to your goals.
181. Stick with it. What seems hard now will one day be your warm-up.
182. Happiness is homemade.
183. Want the confidence of others? Find confidence in yourself.
184. Remember your yesterdays. Dream your tomorrows. Live your todays.
185. If serving is below you, then leadership is beyond you.
187. Living to serve leads to a life of success.
188. Never make a decision out of fear. Base them from hope.
189. Take action today that gets you closer to your ideal tomorrow.
190. Don’t be eye candy. Be soul food.
My Favourite Success Captions & Positive Captions
These last 10 captions are all about cultivating success and positivity in life. They’re sure to give people a shove in the right direction.
191. Striving for progress, not perfection.
192. Live. Learn. Grow. Move.
193. Success occurs in private. Failure occurs in full view.
194. Keep on killin’ it.
195. Greatness takes time. I’m on my way.
197. Anything worth having is worth waiting and working for.
198. Excellence is never an accident.
199. Failure: the one thing that connects all successful people. You don’t get to the top without hitting the bottom first.
200. Be ambitious. Be dedicated. Be unstoppable.
Don’t Forget These Inspirational Instagram Quotes & Inspiring Captions
There you have it: 200 inspirational Instagram quotes and inspiring captions ideas.
Few things in life are more intoxicating than feeling inspired. You feel pumped up and raring to go, eager to make progress, and turn your life into something spectacular.
However, sharing those feelings with others is a whole different ball game! Putting together inspirational Instagram captions to motivate your followers is no mean feat.
With any luck, though, the Instagram inspirational quotes and captions in this list will prove useful in this regard! I hope they come handy for your upcoming posts and help you create the most motivational captions possible to inspire your followers.
Did any of these IG quotes and captions stand out to you? Which one inspired you the most? Drop me a comment below to let me know!