Have you ever been out in nature and felt lost for words at the beauty on display?
I know I have.
It doesn’t matter whether I’m hiking in the mountains or walking around the local park! There’s almost always something that makes me stop and stare.
It could be a bird of prey circling high above my head, or a tiny red-chested robin in a tree. It could be a raging waterfall in an Alpine valley, or a shallow stream meandering through a farmer’s field. Sometimes it’s just the crunch of autumn leaves beneath my feet, or a glint of sunlight through the trees.
Whatever the scene, nature commands a level of loveliness that often leaves me speechless.
If you love spending time in the Great Outdoors too, then there’s a good chance you’ve experienced the same thing. And, if you use Instagram, there’s an even better chance that it’s caused problems with your posts!
After all, being lost for words isn’t ideal when you’re trying to create an epic caption about nature.
Know the struggle? Well, the coming post should help. It’s packed full of the best nature captions and nature quotes I could find. With any luck, they’ll satisfy all of your future ‘nature captions for Instagram’ needs.
Sound good? Keep reading for 215 amazing Instagram nature captions and quotes.
215 Nature Captions for Instagram
I’ve broken this post into two sections: nature quotes and nature captions for Instagram.
With any luck, there’ll be plenty of top options to use in your nature posts!
115 Nature Quotes Instagram Users Will Love
Let’s start with the nature quotes! The coming section is full of over 100 quotes about nature that your Instagram followers are sure to love.
My Favourite Nature Quotes for Instagram
1. “I’ve seen the majestic beauty of nature and the overwhelming perfection of it. To me, there’s nothing closer to God than that.” - Cote De Pablo
2. “Nature, time, and patience are the three great physicians.” - Chinese Proverb
3. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “God is the friend of silence. See how nature – trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls.” - Mother Teresa
5. “Adapt or perish, now as never, is nature’s inexorable imperative.” - H.G. Wells
6. “Joy in looking and comprehending is nature’s most beautiful gift.” – Albert Einstein
7. “Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” - Frank Lloyd Wright
9. “Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.” – Van Morrison
10. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Short Quotes About Nature
11. “The poetry of the earth is never dead.” - John Keats
12. “Choose only one master- nature.” - Rembrandt
13. “Land really is the best art.” - Andy Warhol
14. “Rainbows apologize for angry skies.” - Sylvia Voirol
15. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” - Lao Tzu
16. “Nature never did betray the heart that loved her.” - William Wordsworth
17. “Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.” - Katrina Mayer
18. “The earth is what we all have in common.” - Wendell Berry
19. “The earth has music for those who listen.” - William Shakespeare
20. “The earth laughs in flowers.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Top Quotes for Natural Beauty
21. “Nature is one of the most underutilized treasures in life. It has the power to unburden hearts and reconnect to that inner place of peace.” - Janice Anderson
22. “Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher.” - William Wordsworth
23. “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” - Margaret Atwood
24. “I just wish the world was twice as big and half of it was still unexplored.” - David Attenborough
25. “Looking at beauty in the world, is the first step of purifying the mind.” - Amit Ray
26. “Never, no, never did nature say one thing and wisdom another.” -Edmund Burke
27. "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." – William Shakespeare
28. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” - Hal Borland
29. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvellous.” - Aristotle
30. “You fill up my senses like a night in a forest, like the mountains in springtime like a walk in the rain.” – Annie’s Song, John Denver
31. “Everything in nature is lyrical in its ideal essence, tragic in its fate, and comic in its existence.” - George Santanaya
32. “Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. ” - Terence McKenna
33. “I believe the best way to begin reconnecting humanity's heart, mind, and soul to nature is for us to share our individual stories.” – J. Drew Lanham
34. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” - Rachel Carson
35. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery- air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.'” - Sylvia Plath
Love Quotes About Nature
36. “To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter…to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring- these are some of the rewards of the simple life.” - John Burroughs
37. “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” - Carl Sagan
38. “Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.” - E. O. Wilson
39. "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." – Frank Lloyd Wright
40. “If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you’ll come to understand that you’re connected with everything.” - Alan Watts
41. “Nature is just enough; but men and women must comprehend and accept her suggestions.” - Antoinette Brown Blackwell
42. “Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are.” - Gretel Ehrlich
43. “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” - Gerard De Nerval
44. “The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” - Jacques-Yves Cousteau
45. “Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.” - George Washington Carver
46. "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." – Lao Tzu
47. “At some point in life the world's beauty becomes enough. You don't need to photograph, paint, or even remember it. It is enough.” – Toni Morrison
48. “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” - John Muir
49. “I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.” Aldo Leopold
50. “Nothing is art if it does not come from nature.” - Antoni Gaudi
Insightful Nature Related Quotes
51. “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” - Maxime Lagacé
52. “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” - Eleanora Duse
53. “The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” - Mark Twain
54. “Let us permit nature to have her way. She understands her business better than we do.” - Michel de Montaigne
55. “To me, Mother Nature isn’t nearly as scary as human nature.” - Paula Stokes
56. "On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it." – Jules Renard
57. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says ‘Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again’.” - Lewis Carroll
58. “Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.” - Theodore Roethke
59. “I love nature, I just don’t want to get any of it on me.” - Woody Allen
60. “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” - Henri Matisse
Natural Beauty Quotes for Instagram
61. “I think it annoys God if you walk by the color purple in a field and don’t notice.” - Alice Walker
62. “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s Party!” - Robin Williams
63. “Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second.” - Mattie Stepanek
64. “To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” - Helen Keller
65. “The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble.” - Blaise Pascal
66. “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.” Langston Hughes
67. “Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, I’m going to snow. If you have on a bikini and no snowshoes, that’s tough. I am going to snow anyway.” - Maya Angelou
68. “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
69. “The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach.” - Henry Beston
70. “If you can’t be in awe of Mother Nature, there’s something wrong with you.” - Alex Trebek
Beautiful Insta Quotes for Nature Posts
71. “Do not complain beneath the stars about the lack of bright spots in your life.” - Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson
72. “Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” - Theodore Roosevelt
73. “Nature’s beauty is a gift that cultivates appreciation and gratitude.” - Louie Schwartzberg
74. “I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars.” - Walt Whitman
75. "Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley." – Theodore Roethke
76. “I never really understood the word ‘loneliness’. As far as I was concerned, I was in an orgy with the sky and the ocean, and with nature.” - Björk
77. “Go outside. Don’t tell anyone and don’t bring your phone. Start walking and keep walking until you no longer know the road like the palm of your hand, because we walk the same roads day in and day out, to the bus and back home and we cease to see.” Charlotte Eriksson
78. “All nature is but art unknown to thee.” - Alexander Pope
79. “The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great, that I thought I was in a dream.” - Jack Kerouac
80. “Leave the road, take the trails.” – Pythagoras
Emotive Nature Loving Quotes
81. “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” - Hans Christian Andersen
82. “But while the earth sinks to its grave, you sail to the sky, on the crest of a wave.” – The Cellos Song, Nick Drake
83. “As in nature, as in art, so in grace; it is rough treatment that gives souls, as well as stones, their lustre.” - Thomas Guthrie
84. “Don’t be ashamed to weep; ’tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water.” - Brian Jacques
85. “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” - Native American proverb
86. “To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” Mahatma Gandhi
87. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” - John Burroughs
88. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than what we could learn from books.” - John Lubbock
89. “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” - Isaac Newton
90. “My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.” - Aldous Huxley
91. “I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.” - Emma Goldman
92. “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.” Henry David Thoreau
93. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” -Frank Lloyd Wright
94. "My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature." – Claude Monet
95. “The cold and crystal clear water, it falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul…” – El Fuego
Even More Instagram Quotes About Nature
96. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” - Vincent Van Gogh
97“Normality is a paved road; it’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow.” Vincent van Gogh
98. “I have nature and art and poetry, and if that is not enough, what is enough?" – Vincent van Gogh
99. “The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” - Rabindranath Tagore
100. "Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings." – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
101. “Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson
102. “Not all classroom have four walls.” - Unknown
103. “I am like a waterfall, wild and free.” – Unknown
104. “Men argue. Nature acts.” - Voltaire
105. “And deep beneath the rolling waves in labyrinths of coral caves.” – Echoes, Pink Floyd
106. “We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts.” - William Hazlitt
107. “How could this earth of ours, which is only a speck in the heavens, have so much variety of life, so many curious and exciting creatures?” - Walt Disney
108. “Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.” - Henry David Thoreau
109. “In wilderness I sense the miracle of life, and behind it our scientific accomplishments fade to trivia.” - Charles Lindbergh
110. “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” - Edward Abbey
111. "Not just beautiful, though—the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they’re watching me." – Haruki Murakami
112. “Man’s heart away from nature becomes hard.” - Standing Bear
113. “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” – Alice Walker
114. “I don’t like formal gardens. I like wild nature. It’s just the wilderness instinct in me, I guess.” - Walt Disney
115. "Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature." – Steve Maraboli
100 Captions for Nature Posts
Onto the captions for nature! If you’d rather put your own words to an Insta post than someone else’s, then the following nature caption ideas could be better for the task. Here are 100 that you can feel free to use however you wish:
My Favourite Captions About Nature
1. Stop. Look. Listen. Breathe.
2. Nature’s the best teacher.
3. Keeping it natural.
4. Surround yourself with nature. You’ll feel better.
5. Bloom like a seed and rise into the canopy above.
6. The mountains are calling to me.
7. Listen and delight in the soulful sounds of nature.
8. To be at one with nature is to be content with life.
9. Nature beckons and I must listen.
10. I live to explore nature.
Uplifting Scenery Captions for Instagram
11. Alive and well with nothing but nature for company.
12. Stepping into the wild.
13. Wilderness awaits.
14. Nature is my teacher, guru, and God.
15. Beauty in abundance.
16. The pace of nature slows your heart and awakens your soul.
17. Eyes wide in unbridled awe. My soul delights in what it saw.
18. Who needs money when you’ve got trees, mountains, and rivers?
19. Stop. Sit. Watch. Be still. Never rush through nature.
20. So many sights. So many sounds. So much divine beauty.
21. Immersing yourself in nature is enough to make anybody believe in the divine.
22. Swapping the concrete jungle for a jungle jungle.
23. Grass between my toes. Wind in my hair. Sun on my face.
24. Shhh. Listen. Do you hear? That’s the sound of silence. Isn’t it wonderful?
25. Get outside and shine like the sun above your head.
Inspiring Captions on Nature
26. It’s hard to feel blue when the sky is.
27. Forests + Lakes + Mountains = Happy Me.
28. Never stop exploring.
29. Get too far from nature and your soul starts to creak and moan like a ship’s hull on stormy seas.
30. Wild, free, and unfazed by everyday concerns.
31. Nature amazes at every turn.
32. Nature never ceases to amaze me.
33. Nature is home.
34. Never spend too much time away from nature.
35. Wandering with the wild things.
36. Wandering without a cause or care.
37. Nature’s like your favourite aunty. It doesn’t matter how much time passes between visits- it’ll always hold a special place in your heart.
38. Kindred spirits in natural places.
39. Adventure in nature. Is there any other kind?
40. If home is where the heart is, I think I’ve finally made it there.
41. If you need me, I’ll be outside.
42. See the wonder of nature around you.
43. Outer peace meets inner peace.
44. Tranquil sounds capture my mind.
45. Stop! Be still! Connect! Those are the laws of nature.
Beautiful Nature Captions for Photos
46. It may be cold out, but my soul feels warmed by the wonders of the wild.
47. Nature transcends all.
48. Free as a bird.
49. Power, mystique, and sublimity.
50. There’s more to nature than what meets the eye.
51. Is this even real?
52. Sometimes nature’s too beautiful to even comprehend it.
53. Put down your phone and get out into nature. Your mind, body, and soul will thank you for it.
54. Disconnect from Wi-Fi. Reconnect with nature.
55. Communing with nature in the most wonderful way.
56. Nature makes you realize what it means to live.
57. The magnificence of nature is a cure-all for hubris. You can’t help but look around and be humbled in its presence.
58. Roam far. Wander wide.
59. Allowing nature to slow me down.
60. It’s hard to walk in nature without gaining perspective.
61. True paradise.
62. Having fun in the dirt.
63. Just another day in the office.
64. Another day, another sunrise.
65. Stormy seas crash and bang with wild and wonderful abandon.
Short Outdoor Captions for Instagram
66. Every mountain high, every valley low.
67. This is love.
68. Follow the sun.
69. Young, wild, and free.
70. Sunshine and roses.
71. Heaven on earth.
76. Breath-taking beauty in abundance.
77. Today is a good day.
78. Forget your troubles and enter the wild.
79. The call of the wild is loud and true.
80. Nature doesn’t ask for your attention. It commands it.
Spiritual Captions for Nature Posts
81. Lulled into a dreamless sleep by the whispering wind in the trees.
82. No turning or looking back. The path ahead holds the answers you need.
83. Senses heighten in natural surroundings.
84. Look, listen, touch, smell, and taste. Nature tickles your senses and enlivens the mind.
85. When you think that life isn’t worth living, go outside and take a walk. There’s nothing like nature to remind you of your place in the world and the beauty within in.
86. Breathe in the crisp mountain air. You’ll feel glorious.
87. It isn’t nurture or nature. It’s nurtured by nature.
88. That view is like poetry.
89. ‘Where are you going?’ They asked. ‘To the hills’, I replied. And that was that.
90. Let nature be your muse.
Funny Nature Captions for Instagram
91. Take a hike!
92. Feeling good-natured…
93. Mother Nature putting on a show.
94. Just trying to branch out a bit.
95. Nature calls.
96. Trying to get back to my roots…
97. Tree-ting myself to a walk in the woods!
98. Trails before ales, pines before wines, lakes before cakes.
99. Life’s a beach.
100. There’s no Wi-Fi in nature. But I promise you’ll find a better connection.
Put These Instagram Nature Captions to Use
It doesn’t matter where you are in the world or what you’re doing, spending time in nature has a habit of leaving people speechless.
Mountains, valleys, forests, rivers, trees, leaves, flowers, lakes, fields, and wildlife all hold indescribable beauty. Bring them together in one combination or another and it’s hard not to be blown away by the images on display.
You wouldn’t change it for anything. However, being lost for words is a definite nuisance when you need a nature caption to use in your latest Insta post!
If that’s a problem you can relate to, then I hope this list of Instagram nature captions and quotes has helped. Keep them in mind whenever you need a caption about nature and your life should start to feel a little bit easier.