You can’t beat a good old fashioned road trip.
There’s just something unbeatable about piling into the car and hitting the open road.
It fills and thickens the air with a sense of freedom and possibility.
Let’s face it, though, driving for hours at a time can have its tedious moments too.
When the buzz dies down and the conversation dries up, you can be left watching the clock and counting down the kilometres.
It’s times like these when it pays to have some quality road trip questions up your sleeve.
I mean, nobody wants to drive along in deathly silence.
Having some quality questions for a road trip means there’s always something to chat about. A bunch of road trip trivia helps you avoid any awkwardness, pass the time, and have some fun in the process.
The tricky bit is knowing what to ask in the first place.
On the road and looking for car ride questions? I want to help!
Keep reading for a comprehensive list of 125 epic questions for road trips to spark some quality conversations in the car!
…Looking for laughs as well as conversation in the car?
Check out these jokes about camping too!
125 Fun Road Trip Questions: Unmissable Questions for Road Trips
This long list of questions for road trips should, I hope, help you avoid those awkward silences on the road.
Pick and choose from the car ride questions below to rekindle the conversation!
My Top 20 Questions for a Road Trip
1. Where did you grow up?
2. Where do you want to be in 10 years’ time?
3. What’s your favourite colour?
4. What’s your favourite food?
5. How do you take your coffee?
6. Which sense (touch, taste, smell…etcetera) would you choose to lose if you HAD to pick one, and why?
7. What was the proudest moment of your childhood?
8. What life goals do you have?
9. What hobbies do you have?
10. How do you normally spend a rainy afternoon?
12. What would you do/where would you go if a zombie apocalypse hit tomorrow?
13. Which 5 people (real or fictional) would you choose to have with you in a survival situation?
14. What are your political opinions?
15. What are your thoughts on religion?
16. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done in life?
17. Would you live forever if you could?
18. What or who would you miss most if you died tomorrow?
19. Who’s been the biggest influence on your life and why?
20. What guilty pleasures do you have?
Heads up, you might also like this post with 50 interesting facts about travel!
20 Random Road Trip Trivia Questions
21. Who’s your favourite celebrity and why?
22. Have you ever had any ghostly encounters and, if so, what happened?
23. Would you rather watch a horror movie or a chick flick?
24. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without showering/bathing?
25. Which element (earth, water, wind, or fire) do you most associate yourself with, and why?
26. What’s the best and biggest road trip you’ve done prior to this one?
27. Would you rather be gifted experiences or items for your birthday/Christmas?
28. What’s the single biggest purchase you’ve ever made?
29. Would you rather drink coffee or tea?
30. Would you rather plan everything to a tee or be totally spontaneous?
32. Who was your favourite teacher when you were at school, and why?
33. Would you rather have endless wealth or total contentment? FYI, here’s some advice on how to escape the rat race!
34. Would you rather spend the day at a theme park or the zoo?
35. What’s your favourite way to relax?
36. What’s one talent you wish you had but don’t (right now)?
37. What are your best pick-up lines?
38. What’s the drunkest you’ve ever been and what happened?
39. What actor would you get to play you in a film?
40. Who was your first childhood/teenage crush?
20 ‘Let’s Get Personal’ Car Ride Questions
41. What’s the most famous person you’ve ever met?
42. What’s your favourite movie in the whole world?
43. Would you rather hike up a mountain or watch a movie?
44. Are you more of a budget backpacker or luxury traveller at heart?
45. Which book has had the biggest impact on your life?
46. What’s your biggest fear?
47. What turns you on most in the bedroom?
48. What 3 things would you wish for if you had a magic genie?
49. What are the first 3 things you’d do/buy if you won the lottery?
50. What’s your favourite instrument?
…Can’t think of any? Here’s what to do about it.
52. Would you rather be super fast or super strong?
53. What’s your spirit animal, and why?
54. What are your 3 best qualities/traits?
55. What are your 3 worst qualities/traits?
56. What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
57. Would you rather live near the mountains or the sea, and why?
58. Which foreign country could you imagine yourself living in?
59. Have you ever had any near-death experiences?
60. What do you think happens after you die?
You Might Also Like to Read…
20 ‘Favourites' Fun Questions for a Car Ride
61. What’s your favourite sport?
62. What’s quotes or sayings do you live by?
63. What kind of music do you like listening to (and you can’t say a bit of everything!)?
64. What kind of music do you hate listening to?
65. What’s your favourite place in the whole entire world (check out this post if it’s Thailand)?
66. Would you describe yourself as a morning or a night person?
67. What belief/ideal would you go to prison defending?
68. Would you rather have a son or a daughter, and why?
69. What’s the best date you’ve ever been on?
70. What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
72. Which film or TV character do you most relate to and why?
73. Would you rather eat plain food for the rest of your life, or never have sex again?
74. What foreign language do you wish you could speak?
75. Which family member are you closest to?
76. How old were you when you lost your virginity?
77. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done or been privy to?
78. What’s your favourite childhood memory?
79. What's your favourite song?
80. Have you ever suffered a broken heart and, if so, what happened?
20 More Random Questions for a Car Ride
81. How would you define ‘beauty’?
82. Which country in the world do you love most, and why?
83. What are your pet peeves?
84. What are you most passionate about in life?
85. What makes your most angry in life?
86. What are your thoughts on marriage?
87. As a child, what profession did you want to have when you grew up?
88. What were you like as a child?
89. What superpower would you choose?
90. Would you rather always be early or always be late?
92. Would you rather eat great food or drink great wine?
93. What does your ideal partner look like?
94. What one characteristic about yourself would you change, given the chance?
95. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
96. What would you take to a desert island if you could only pack 3 things?
97. Would you rather have arms for legs or legs for arms?
98. Who’s the most important person in your life and why?
99. What does your perfect day look like from start to finish?
100. What’s your primary love language (the way you express/receive love)?
20 Fun Road Trip Questions to Ask On a Road Trip
101. What 5 things are at the top of your bucket list?
102. Where in the world do you want to travel to next and why?
103. Would you rather be a sad king/queen or a happy stable boy/girl?
104. Have you ever broken any bones and, if so, which one(s)?
105. What makes you anxious?
106. What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
107. What’s the funniest face you can pull?
108. Would you describe yourself as a competitive person?
109. What’s the longest you’ve ever been away from home for?
110. Would you rather sweat profusely or fart uncontrollably in public?
112. What superhero name would you give yourself?
113. What’s been your biggest achievement in life so far?
114. What’s been your biggest failure in life so far?
115. How many kids, if any, do you want when you’re older?
116. What car would you drive if money wasn’t a factor?
117. When was the last time you were totally happy?
118. Would you rather be old and wise or young and stupid?
119. What’s the weirdest piece of trivia you can think of right now?
120. What influencers do you follow on social media, and why?
5 Final Car Conversations Starters (Car Question Games to Enjoy)
121. What’s your least favourite word in the whole world?
122. What’s your favourite word in the whole world?
123. What personality traits do you find most attractive in someone?
124. What physical features do you find most attractive in someone?
Try Out These Awesome Questions for Road Trips
Road trips are always ripe with excitement and anticipation.
Especially when you’re hitting the road with friends, family, or partners in crime.
But, after hours together on the road, it’s natural to arrive at a point where the conversation runs a little dry. This, of course, is far less enjoyable.
It’s in these moments that having a set of conversation starters up your sleeve comes in handy.
Hopefully, the 125 road trip questions in this post have provided all the inspiration you needed to spark the dialogue back up and rekindle the fun!
I hope you enjoyed those awesome questions for car trips!
Now I’d love to hear from you!
Which questions for road trips did you like best? Drop me a comment to let me know!