78% of people create bucket lists to help them achieve personal goals.
I know I do!
Yet, while it’s awesome to have your own goals and work hard to reach them, what about having shared goals with your significant other?
Are you thinking about setting some bucket list ideas for couples as well?
If so, I want to help.
In this post, I’ll give you dozens of great ideas for bucket lists for couples for you and your partner to consider. Sound good?
Keep reading for the ultimate couple bucket list!
Interested in bucket list for couple ideas? You might also like these…
- 200 Summer bucket list Ideas
- 15 Awesome East Coast National Parks
- 30 Amazing Long-Distance Love Poems
- 60 Awesome Adventure Dates Ideas
- Awesome Ideas for Souvenirs
- 40 Different Types of Tourism
Romantic Bucket List Ideas for Couples
Whether your relationship’s brand-new or been going for decades, it never hurts to spice things up a bit.
Here’s a list of romantic bucket list ideas for couples, guaranteed to strengthen your connection.
1. Stay at a Classic Bed and Breakfast
No, I don’t mean making another booking on Airbnb.
I’m talking about a real bed and breakfast (or B&B) in a quaint, picturesque setting.
B&Bs are usually small and privately run, with a more homely feel and personalised service than you get in large chain hotels.
They’re also often located in idyllic settings such as farmhouses, historical buildings, vineyards, or even castles!
Whether you’re travelling across the globe or staying closer to home, skip the chain hotel and try a B&B instead.
You’ll get a romantic, cosy room, delicious homemade food in the morning, and unforgettable service from your hosts.
2. Get a Couples’ Massage
The only thing better than a relaxing massage is sharing the experience with someone you love.
Why not call up the day spas or resorts in your area (or the area you’re visiting) to see if they offer a couples’ massage or a couples’ spa package?
Many massage therapists are mobile, so you could even ask if it’s possible to receive a couples’ massage in your hotel room or in the comfort of your own home.
Resort spas might even offer options for poolside massage or massages in a private beach cabana.
If a full-body massage isn’t your cup of tea, you could relax side-by-side with foot massages or pedicures instead.
3. Take a Gondola Ride in Venice
Venice, Italy is often touted one of the world’s most romantic destinations, and it’s not difficult to see why.
Where else can you explore a medieval maze where the streets are (literally) made of water?
For the ultimate romantic experience and a must-do tourist activity, book a private gondola ride down the famous Grand Canal.
Sit back and enjoy the scenery while your gondolier serenades you beneath the stars.
Bonus tip: If you’re thinking of popping the question, this is one of the most romantic settings imaginable!
4. Attend a Fancy Ball or Gala
Have you ever seen each other dressed to the nines in tuxedos or evening gowns?
If you haven’t worn one since your high school prom, it’s time to add a night of shameless luxury to your ultimate couple bucket list.
Do some research to find upcoming black tie events in your area (or a city you’re planning to visit).
You could choose a themed event, such as a masquerade ball.
Or why not buy tickets to a charitable event that supports a cause close to your hearts?
Either way, seeing your significant other dressed like they’re ready to hit the red carpet’s sure to be a memorable experience.
Adventurous Bucket List Couples Ideas
Would you like to bond with your partner during an activity that gets your heart racing?
Browse this list of adventurous ideas for couples and see which ones appeal most!
5. Take a Road Trip Together
You don’t have to get on a plane to have an amazing travel experience.
There’s sure to be incredible places to explore within reasonable driving distance of your home.
For example, if you live in the UK, you could plan a road trip to the Lake District or Cornwall.
Or, if you’re in the US, you could plan an itinerary through the national parks in your region.
Better yet, be spontaneous and don’t make any plans at all!
Throw your clothes in a suitcase, jump in the car, put some music on, and start driving.
You never know where you might end up!
6. Experience Life Under the Sea
This couple bucket list item is a must for water lovers!
If you’re new to underwater exploration, sign up for a snorkeling tour and get ready to marvel at the fish, coral, and other sea life below you.
Looking for a more invigorating experience?
Sign up for a scuba diving course and get PADI certified together. Or you could go all-out and try swimming with dolphins or diving with sharks.
If you’d prefer to stay dry, why not add experiences like a whale watch or a glass-bottom boat tour to your ultimate couple bucket list?
7. Volunteer for a Worthy Cause
Is there a cause that’s close to both of your hearts?
Grow closer to your partner (and make new friends along the way) by volunteering your time and energy for a good cause.
You could help at a local animal shelter or homeless shelter, or volunteer to help clean up a nearby beach or construct a new school overseas.
Want to take your volunteer efforts to the next level?
Why not join the Peace Corps or a disaster relief organization?
You might also find a short-term program that accepts volunteers to help with conservation, education, construction, or agriculture.
8. Do Something That Intimidates You
Have you ever said, “I would never do that!” when you hear about a friend’s crazy experience?
Well, why not tackle some of your fears with your favourite person?
For the ultimate adrenaline rush, you might consider trying one of these activities together:
- Bungee jumping
- Skinny dipping
- Singing a karaoke duet
- Visiting a haunted house
- Running a marathon
- Taking a hot air balloon ride
- Buying a house to renovate
- Going rock climbing
- Having “adult cuddles” on the beach
- Going on safari in Africa
- Taking a whitewater rafting trip
- Learning to play a musical instrument
- Tackling a foreign language
- Having a boudoir photoshoot
- Riding a huge roller coaster
- Taking a workout class
- Climbing a mountain
- Eating the world’s hottest pepper
- Cliff jumping or base jumping
- Signing up for a dance class
As you can see, the possibilities are endless!
Whether you jump out of a plane or keep your feet closer to the ground, sharing the experience with your partner is one of the best ways to overcome those fears.
Enjoying these couples bucket list ideas? Check out these posts too:
- The Best Jobs for Adventurers
- 50 Fascinating Facts About Travel
- 85+ Road Trip Trivia Questions & Games
- 75 Essential Things to Pack for Travel
- Key Features of the Experience of Travel
Travel Bucket List for Couples
You and your partner likely have your own travel bucket lists, but why not see which destinations overlap?
Here are some of the best travel spots and experiences for couples to enjoy together.
9. Visit Each Other’s Hometowns
Did you and your partner grow up in different parts of the state, province, or country?
Or are you from two different countries?
Whatever the case, plan to visit the areas where each of you grew up.
Drive past the homes you grew up in and your high school or university campuses.
Revisit parks, restaurants, shops, and other locations that had special significance to you as a child.
This is sure to be an eye-opening experience for each of you.
10. Book a Stay at a Luxury Resort
Nothing says ‘romance’ like a stay at a luxurious all-inclusive resort.
Here are some of the top destinations to consider, depending on your budget and preferences:
- Cozumel, Mexico
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- US Virgin Islands
- Bodrum, Turkey
- Cape Verde Islands
- Krabi, Thailand
- Bali, Indonesia
- Bora Bora
Whether you travel somewhere nearby or far away, the only thing you have to do is show up!
These all-inclusive resorts have everything you need for a relaxing holiday, from five-star restaurants and luxury spas to water sports and offsite tours.
11. Take an Extended Backpacking Trip
Have you heard the expression, “The couple who travels together stays together?”
There’s a reason for this — you can learn so much about each other by experiencing new places together!
Why not make it a goal to save some money for an extended backpacking holiday?
You might choose to traverse Europe, South America, Southeast Asia, or Oceania.
By taking advantage of money-saving options like rail passes and hostels, you’ll be amazed how far you can go!
Be sure to include multiple countries and cultures in your trip itinerary.
Don’t hesitate to mingle with locals as well as other travellers.
And, to get the most bang for your buck, travel light, use public transportation, and stay in budget accommodation.
12. See the Wonders of the World
Don’t just stare at those screensavers on your computer screen — get out there and see them in real life!
Some of the most popular travel bucket list items include:
- The Pyramids of Giza
- Macchu Picchu
- The Acropolis
- The Great Wall of China
- The Louvre
- The Great Barrier Reef
- The Temples of Angkor
- Niagara Falls
- La Sagraga Familia
- Mount Everest
- Mount Kilimanjaro
- The Eiffel Tower
- The Colosseum
- The Grand Canyon
- Times Square
- The Statue of LIberty
- Victoria Falls
- Christ the Redeemer Statue
- The Taj Mahal
- Yellowstone National Park
- The Amalfi Coast
If you haven’t already done so, why not discuss your personal travel bucket lists and make plans to visit some of those destinations together?
Bucket List for Couples: Bonus Ideas
Still searching for ideas for your couple bucket list? Here are some short and sweet ones that are worth considering.
13. Once a year, visit someplace you’ve never been before.
14. Share a kiss beneath the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
15. Ride camels around the Great Pyramid of Giza.
16. Stay in an ice hotel and watch the Northern Lights.
17. Take a dip in the Dead Sea.
18. Attend a class or workshop with special meaning to both of you.
19. Learn a new language and then travel somewhere you can use it.
20. Visit a drive-in movie theatre and snuggle in your car.
21. Make a wish and toss a coin in Trevi Fountain in Rome.
22. Go dogsledding in Alaska.
23. Book a stay in an overwater bungalow.
24. Take a cruise or a sailing trip together.
25. Visit Napa Valley and take a wine tour through the vineyards.
26. Go horse riding on the beach.
27. Get meaningful (or even matching) tattoos.
28. Get tickets for a show on Broadway.
29. Adopt a pet from a local animal shelter.
30. Visit Las Vegas and gamble in a casino.
31. Tour a winery, brewery, or distillery (or all three).
32. Make out in the rain.
33. Learn a new sport or hobby together.
34. Relive your childhood at an amusement park.
35. Plan a visit to Disney World.
36. Share a kiss beneath the mistletoe.
37. Spend the night in a castle.
38. Take a camping (or glamping) trip together.
39. Create your own ‘couple tradition.’
40. Take photos in a vintage photo booth.
41. Visit a place that has special significance to your families.
42. Tour all the national parks in your country.
43. Plan a relaxing staycation and turn off your phones/TVs.
44. Revisit the place where you shared your first kiss,
45. Spend the weekend at a cabin in the woods.
46. Get naughty in the backseat of your car.
47. Live abroad in a foreign country.
48. Carve your initials into a tree.
49. Dine in a restaurant owned by your favourite celebrity chef.
50. Take the plunge, pop the question, and say, “I do!”
The Ultimate Couple Bucket List: What’s on Yours?
So, which of these ideas inspired you the most?
Do you want to kiss your special someone beneath the Eiffel Tower? Take a wine tour through Napa Valley? Get a couples’ massage on an exotic beach?
Remember, the best relationship bucket lists are the ones you create together.
Grab your significant other, take a look at this article, and brainstorm ideas for your own bucket list for couples!
Now that you have the ultimate couple bucket list, all that’s left to do is start ticking each item off.
This site is full of travel tips, lifestyle advice, and inspiration to get you motivated, so stay right here and keep browsing.
My list of 120 crazy bucket list ideas is a good place to start!