Travelling isn’t all sunshine and rainbows.
It can be hard at times too!
Whether you’re sick, lost, lonely, and/or missing home, there are always occasions when the rose tinted travel glasses lift and you’re left feeling lower than you’d like to.
Thankfully, the trials and tribulations of travelling never last forever.
Melancholy moments soon pass of their own accord, leaving fresh space for the usual excitement, joy, and awe to re-appear.
In the meantime, though, having some funny travel quotes to refer to should speed up that positive shift! Funny quotes on travel can take your mind off the situation at hand, lift your mood, and put a smile back on your face. Sound good?
Check out this list of 70 funny quotes travel lovers will love!
Heads up, you might also like these posts:
70 Funny Travel Quotes
I decided to break this list of funny quotes on travel down into more manageable bitesize chunks! Somewhere in the following sections, I hope you find the perfect funny travel quote for your needs.
My Favourite Funny Quotes On Travel
1. If only road trips could pay my bills.
2. Me: “I want to go travelling more”. My bank account: “Like, to the park?”
3. If you had to choose between finding true love and travelling the world, where would you fly to first?
4. The best days in life are when the hardest decision you have to make is whether to choose the window or aisle.
5. If travelling was free, BYE!
6. It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting.
7. I’m one of those people who packs 2 hours before leaving for the airport and unpacks 2 months after coming home.
8. I’ve been to almost as many places as my luggage.
9. Airports are lawless places. It’s socially acceptable to drink beer at 6am, sleeping the floor, and get charged $10 for chips.
10. If only I could be a post card. I could travel the world for under $1!
Travelling Funny Quotes & Puns
11. Travel is the answer. Who cares about the question!?
12. Sure, education’s important. I just think travel’s importanter.
13. My favourite childhood memory? My parents paying for vacations!
14. If anyone’s Christmas shopping for me, I wear a size 7-day Caribbean cruise.
15. Life lesson #1: don’t try to make everyone happy. You’re not a plane ticket.
16. Girls just want to have sun.
17. Watch the sunset. Not Netflix.
18. What’s the name of the funniest mountain range in the world? The Himhilarious.
19. Life lesson #2: if you ever need to change your attitude, change your latitude!
20. I need a vacation so long I forget all my passwords.
Funny Quotes Travel Lovers Won’t Forget In a Hurry
21. When reality calls, hang up.
22. The mountains in Switzerland are incredible. And their flag is a big plus as well.
23. Hands up if you don’t know what you’re doing with your life and just want to travel!
24. My friends are getting engaged, having kids, and buying houses. I just want to travel!
25. When my friends think about walking down the aisle they picture a church. When I think of walking down the aisle I imagine a plane.
26. There should be sympathy cards for having to go back to work after vacation.
27. My parents complain I travel too much. I mean, I could be a drug addict, do they realize how lucky they are?
28. Don’t make me slap you with my flip flop.
29. I wish someone would look at me the way I look at travel brochures.
30. Running to the gate is my favourite kind of cardio.
Funny Vacation Quotes
31. A coconut a day keeps the doctor away.
32. Sunsets are like life’s way of saying: ‘good job, you survived another day. Here’s something pretty!’
33. All birds seem to do is eat, travel, and poop on things they don’t like. I don’t know about you, but it sounds kinda dreamy.
34. Should I go travelling again? Wallet: “Not a good idea”. Mom: “I don’t think so”. Universe: “Nope”. Me: I’ll just go ahead and book it.
35. My excuse for over-packing: suitcases have wheels now!
36. I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. And by ‘recovery’, I mean the airport…
37. Travitude (n.) When you start feeling sassy because you miss travelling.
38. What do you call an amazing day up a mountain? A ‘peak’ experience.
39. I need 6 months of vacation, twice a year, please.
40. All you need is love? All I need is a passport.
Funny Quotes On Vacation and Travel
41. I need a good dose of vitamin SEA.
42. You should dress up warm in the Andes. That place is Chile.
43. In the words of Jay Z: “I’ve got 99 problems but a beach ain’t one”.
44. In the words of Snoop Dogg: “Tropic like it’s hot, tropic like it’s hot”.
45. I tried to see the sunset but there was dusk in my eyes.
46. You don’t know what real fear is until your passport isn’t where you left it.
47. Travel’s like a box of chocolates. It’s all good.
48. Tripophobia (n.) The fear of not having any trips currently booked.
49. Who needs champagne and caviar when you can taste the world instead?
50. How do you know it’s time to travel? When you start looking like the person on your passport photo.
Fun Travel Quotes from Famous Faces
51. The best treatment for holiday blues? Keep booking vacations.
52. Everybody should believe in something. For instance, I believe I should be on a beach drinking mojitos.
53. “Kilometres are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometres.” - George Carlin
54. “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money” – Susan Heller
55. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
56. “Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.” – Al Gore
57. “Jet lag is for amateurs.” - Dick Clark
58. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It is lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
59. “I travel a lot. I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” – Caskie Stinnett
60. “Not everyone has to ride off into the sunset with a man. Some of us just want a tan.” – Mandy Hale
Final Funny Quotes About Travel!
61. “Well, we’re not in the middle of nowhere, but we can see it from here.”- Thelma & Louise
62. “According to the map, we’ve only gone four inches.” – Dumb and Dumber
63. “There is nothing safer than flying, it’s crashing that is dangerous.” - Theo Cowan
64. “Sunset is still my favourite colour, rainbow is second.” – Mattie Stepanek
65. “Sunset at the beach. A time to shell-ebrate like none other” – Unknown
66. “Race to the sunset? Bet I’ll beach you there.” Unknown
67. “Road trips require a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of road trip tunes. Oh, and directions!” – Jenn McKinlay
68. “I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places.” - Henry Youngman
69. “Sometimes the road less travelled is less travelled for a reason.” – Jerry Seinfeld
70. “A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting and new places.” - Tom Lichtenheld
Remember These Travelling Funny Quotes
Let’s face it, funny travel quotes are unlikely to provide side-spitting, slap-your-knee-kind-of laughs any time soon.
But they might be enough to give you a chuckle or put a wry smile on your face.
And, when you’re on the other side of the world and in need of a pick-me-up, that’s much better than nothing! I hope these funny quotes about travel will come in handy for anyone in this sort of predicament. Bring them to mind in melancholy moments and, with any luck, you’ll feel your mood lift and the usual travel excitement ensue soon after!
Now I’d love to hear from you. Which of these funny vacation quotes did you like best? Drop a comment below to let me know.
Alternatively, click here to read some more epic travel quotes!